Scholarship Information and Application
Please click on the appropriate link for UCA Financial Aid Policy and Application
UCA SCHOLARSHIPS FOR 2016-2017 HAVE BEEN AWARDED.
Application for 2017-2018 will be available in January 2017
OPPORTUNITY SCHOLARSHIP GRANTS
A program administered by the State of NC that helps make Christian education affordable to more families. UCA is hopeful that many families will take advantage of this opportunity.
Maximum Scholarship Amount (2016 School Year)
Eligible families may receive up to $4,200 per year for eligible children.
Applying for Opportunity Scholarships
Online applications will be available beginning February 1, 2016, at www.ncseaa.edu Completion of the application will include reporting of income. Awarding of scholarships will begin by March 1, 2016.
Eligibility for the 2016-2017 School Year and Beyond
Students will be eligible if they have not received a high school diploma and meet at least one of the following requirements:
- The student was a full-time student that attended a North Carolina public school during the previous semester.
- The student received an Opportunity Scholarship the previous school year.
- The student is entering kindergarten or first grade.
- The student is in foster care.
- The student is a child whose adoption decree has not been entered more than one year prior to applying for an Opportunity Scholarship.
Beginning with the 2015-2016 school year and beyond, students must reside in a household with an income level that does not exceed 133% of the amount required for the student to qualify for federal free or reduced-price lunch programs.
Maximum Scholarship Amount (2015 School Year and Beyond)
Eligible families may receive up to $4,200 per year for eligible children or up to 90% of tuition and fees (not to exceed $4,200).
For answers to questions, contact OpportunityScholarships@ncseaa.edu or call toll free, 1-855-330-3955.